Oneonta, New York 13820
The Farmer Brewer Winter Weekend is returning to New York on February 4th & 5th at Hartwick College in Oneonta, NY. Spend two days immersed in learning the art and science of craft malting with those who grow it, craft it, and use it!
Gain the knowledge you need to stay at the cutting edge of your craft, and re-connect with friends and colleagues & meet new ones while enjoying locally produced food and beer.
Special guest presentations include:
- Hugh Alexander from Balnamoon Maltings in Scotland on practical techniques for floor malting
- Dr. Patrick Boiven from IFBM on deconstruction and troubleshooting modification
- Cassie Liscombe from Briess and Lindsay Barr from New Belgium Brewing on malt sensory methods
- Dr. Kevin Smith from University of Minnesota on winter malting barley development
- Adam Paul from IPEC on principles of malting equipment design and engineeering
- and more….
Complete program and registration details can be found here: http://www.hartwick.edu/farmerbrewer
Registration Deadline is January 13th.
Best Wishes for a happy, healthy and malty 2017!